Friday, August 12, 2011

Reunited and it Feels SO Good!! SBC 2011

Finally, after three, long, agonizing years, I got to return to my favorite place on earth, Shoshone Base Camp, in Prichard, ID. For those of you who don't know, I worked as program staff at Shoshone, a Lutheran summer camp that specializes in youth servant events, the summer after my freshman year of college. Until this summer, no three months had ever made such a difference in my life. The staff I worked with (Clint, Alissa, Meghan, Kimmy, Bear, Kyle, Jordan, and Dallas) truly became my family and each one taught me something extremely significant about myself and the person I want to be. Not only was that summer one of the most spiritually uplifting times in my life, but just look at the place! How can you not feel close to God in such a gorgeous environment!
Shoshone at sunrise
While I was there, I participated in a servant event painting fences (painting projects were a staple of my time at Shoshone), went to a few campfires, ate meals in the chow hall, had dinner at the Snake Pit, rode a horse (first time!) and went on a bike ride, my first one since all of my health problems began. The bike ride was especially wonderful. We rode down the Shoshone Creek Road, one of my favorite rides, for about five miles. It was such a gorgeous day and I got some great pictures! And, the best part, my knees and back handled it just fine! What a difference from just last year!



One of my favorite spots along the road
Seriously! Best bike ride EVER

The highlight of my trip, however, was finally getting to meet Clint and Alissa's girls. Addison and Ella were both born since I left and I have been looking forward to meeting them face to face for a long time! They were both such wonderful and sweet girls!

Addison is the blonde and Ella is the brunette
Addison
Addison and Alissa
Ella and me.... we had a special bond :)
My Shoshone family!
The weekend was full of old memories, new experiences, reunions, and fun. I can't wait to go back again!

Walk with Bear to Riverside Chapel

Bear and me!
Meghan and me!
Good old Shoshone Base Camp, how I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment