Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Jenn's Northwest Adventure Part 2- "I lift up my eyes to the hills..."

While Jenn was here, we also had the opportunity to drive up into the North Cascades and visit my aunt's cabin in Twisp, WA. It was the first time Jenn had seen the Cascades and my first time in the mountains since leaving Shoshone. Needless to say, we were both very excited!

Happy mountain faces!!!

On the way up to the cabin we took a hike along Deception falls. Because of the large amount of snow this year, the river was very full and the falls were absolutely breathtaking. Some of the trail was underwater at times, so we had to improvise a bit... it was definitely an adventure! :)

Beautiful pond along the trail


 Pictures do no justice to the falls, so I took some videos to give you a better idea of just how full they were:

Loop Trail

Lower Falls

Upper Falls

After spending the night at my aunt's cabin, we took the North Cascades Scenic Highway back home. We got some spectacular views of the mountains and saw more snow than either of us had seen in a long time. :)

Here are some of the best shots from the weekend:

View from the cabin


North Cascades

Liberty Bell

More happy mountain faces!

Ross Lake


Snow along the highway

The whole time we were up there, I couldn't help but think of Psalm 121:

1I lift up my eyes to the hills.
   From where does my help come?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
   who made heaven and earth.
3He will not let your foot be moved;
   he who keeps you will not slumber.
4Behold, he who keeps Israel
   will neither slumber nor sleep.
 5The LORD is your keeper;
   the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
   nor the moon by night.
 7The LORD will keep you from all evil;
   he will keep your life.
8The LORD will keep
   your going out and your coming in
   from this time forth and forevermore.

God is truly wonderful and when I am in the mountains, I am always in awe of his creation, of his power, and of his incredible love for me. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment