Thursday, June 9, 2011

A little bit about Edmonds.... and my first day at work!

This summer I will be staying with my grandma in the lovely town of Edmonds, WA. My first day here was typical Pacific Northwest weather: wet and cold.... such a nice change from Texas! :) Here are some pictures I took to give you an idea:

View from the jetty

View of town from the jetty

Railroad tracks that run right along the beach

Kingston Ferry


On a clear day, there is a great view of the Olympic Mountains from across the water. I have only had a short glimpse of them so far, but as soon as I get a good picture I will post it here!

Wednesday was my first day of work at Next Step Pregnancy Services in Lynnwood, in which I basically got a crash course on where everything is, how everything works, and the procedures for greeting and directing clients. I spent most the afternoon sorting baby clothes and putting together layettes for expecting mothers. I must admit I thoroughly enjoying all the adorable baby clothes and imaging how cute they would be on my new niece or nephew!

Executive Director, Kathy in the sorting room, where I spent most of my time on Wednesday. Source: The Herald, Everett, WA
 


Everything at the clinic is kinda hectic right now as they prepare for their annual auction fundraiser next weekend, so I will be learning a lot on the fly. In fact, today the center director and another intern who has been here since the beginning of the year have to meet with a caterer for the event. This will leave me as the only person at the desk. On my second day. I am a little nervous and it will definitely be an adventure, but I'm sure, with God and the nurses' help, I can handle it and I'll let you all know how it goes as soon as I can. :)

That's about all I have to share today. My first impressions have been very positive and I am looking forward to learning more about this awesome ministry and serving those who come to our doors looking for help and understanding!

Gig 'Em and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment